Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Plot Thickens

Actually, it doesn't at all. The plot is very much not an active thing currently. AT ALL.

Since deciding to participate in NaNoWriMo, my main thought has been, "Well, what the fuck do I write about?" No characters have knocked on my noodle and gone, "Yes, hello, can you let me out now?" No world has bombarded my dreams demanding to be put on paper. So still, the main question before I sit down and spend an entire month writing is, "What the fuck do I write?"

Usually I write when I have inspiration, when there is something in me that needs to be let out. My mind gets stuck on a sentence, or a scene, SOMETHING and then all I can think about is that. My fingers get antsy, the lines on paper stand out more and I NEED to write something before I explode.

The issue with this is, when it comes time for me to actually want to write something, I have no ideas. The cobwebs have realigned themselves in the crevices of my brain, making me forget I ever had good ideas in the first place. Or ideas at all, lets be realistic.

So, what shall I write today, what shall I write? Hopefully I can bang out a process that allows the idea flow to be a little bit more flowly and a little bit less like a toss up between constipation and diarrhea.

No comments:

Post a Comment