Pages

Friday, October 31, 2014

The End Is Nigh

Well, really, it's just the beginning. But it is nigh, very, very nigh.

Tommorow is THE BEGINNING. The beginning of NaNoWriMo. The beginning of my month long abuse of my computer. The beginning of permanent brain damage from banging my head against the wall. The beginning of me figuring out if I've got what it takes to follow through on a dream.

I've always considered myself a writer. It's been awhile since I've actually written though. It used to be all I would do between scarfing down supper and turning the lights out at night. Lately that hasn't been the case. Life tends to get in the way of dreams sometimes, as sad as that is. This month I get to see if I can actually, maybe, get close to finishing something.

I find I lack the discipline. I'm not good at making myself sit down every night at a computer no matter what. But now I will have to.

This might be the beginning of something wonderful. I can see it now. Finishing November with a perfect novel in hand, some other great ideas, quitting my job and moving to somewhere warm that enhances my creativity.

Or I'll end November by closing my laptop, sighing deep and going, "Thank God that is over."

Either way it will be an interesting month!

No comments:

Post a Comment